History makes the present exciting. History is with us as we forge the new paths of today. History makes us attentive. History shows us that one always has to find new and unknown paths in order to move forwards.
1562 First recorded mention of the "Arasker Wässerlin" (“the Arask stream”) by Johannes Antistes Fabricius. Fabricius comes to the conclusion that the generally good health of the population in the Rabiosa valley can be traced back to their local water source. He recognises the importance of the "Arasger Sauerwasser", or “Arasg acidic water”, in preventing the formation of goitres. Only much later is it discovered that the high iodine content prevents exactly this disease.
1863 The springs have been forgotten about until Ulrich Sprecher, a master saddler and upholsterer from Ulm, goes panning for gold and rediscovers the acidic water springs in the Rabiosa ravine, which have been buried for some time.
1874 The future Chief of Army Staff Theophil von Sprecher lays the foundation stone for the commercial use of the springs. He acquires them from the commune of Malix and purchases a guesthouse.
1883 A Zurich-based consortium purchases the springs, including the infrastructure which has meanwhile grown up around them.
1896 Passugger Heilquellen AG is founded in Zurich. 20 shareholders purchase a share capital of 300,000 francs. A hotel with spa treatments, hiking trails, and a drinking hall in the Rabiosa ravine are created.
1900 Up until the First World War, the spa resort receives guests from around the world and enjoys its zenith in popularity. The resort offers for purchase the Passugger table-water 'Theophil', as well as the medicinal and beneficial mineral waters 'Ulricus', 'Helene', 'Fortunatus', and 'Belvedra'. – The two world wars cause the resort to lose guests, leading to its eventual demise. The company from now on focuses primarily on the bottling of mineral water.
1941 The usage rights for the mineral-water spring at Rhäzüns are purchased.
1948 A rock-fall destroys the bottling plant and drinking hall.
1951 The first bottling takes place at today's production site. Four stages of expansion occur in 1961, 1965, 1975, and 1991.
1975 Following an increase in equity capital, 38% of the business belongs to a group of Grisons shareholders, 34% to the Hürlimann brewery, and 28% to the Haldengut brewery.
1979 Spa treatments cease completely; the hotel is sold to an international Professional Hotel and Tourism School.
1992 Allegra, the still mineral water, is bottled for the first time.
1998 Feldschlösschen Getränke AG takes over the majority shareholdership, as well as the responsibility for distribution and marketing.
2000 Feldschlösschen Getränke AG takes over completely and integrates the Passugger mineral springs with the plants in Passugg and Rhäzüns.
2005 A group of local investors takes over the two important Grisons brands of Allegra and Passugger from Feldschlösschen Getränke AG and converts this company into a purely Grisons-owned [stock] company, Allegra Passugger Mineralquellen
2007 The appearance of Allegra is adapted to the unified corporate design. Although they are two different springs it is now visually clear that Allegra and Passugger are produced by the same company.
2008 Allegra Passugger Mineralquellen AG begins to also offer both its mineral waters in PET bottles, thereby fulfilling a direct customer requirement. The contemporary design reflects the dynamism and spirit of the young Graubünden-based company and was created in partnership with the internationally renowned architect Valerio Olgiati.
2008 The Passugger Climaqua Fund is created. Proceeds from the sale of each PET bottle are used to support individuals and projects involved in water and climate protection.
2009 Allegra Passugger Mineralquellen AG offers private labelling for 50cl PET bottles. This means that the customer can now affix their own text, image and logo to our bottles. The design of the individual labels and printing are carried out in-house.
2010 Allegra Passugger Mineralquelle AG enters into a partnership with the Graubünden-based energy company Repower AG, resulting in the first mineral water in Switzerland produced entirely with PUREPOWERgraubünden green power.